Hello! I created this tutorial to show you what it’s like to paint a cute bunny step by step in watercolor. In this tutorial, you will learn:
- How to paint in watercolor using a wet on wet technique. This means we paint the bunny in one layer of watercolor and then immediately put on another layer. This allows the paint to move around and form interesting watercolor effects.
- How to use watercolor to create darker areas for shading.
- How to use watercolor to create an outline of your bunny character. The outline is not a solid black color because that would be too heavy on this bunny. We outline the bunny in lighter colors moving on to darker colors. This helps define the form of the bunny.
- How to let the watercolor dry on the paper before painting more on top.
- How to add details on the bunny’s face.
- How to incorporate pencil drawing (the flowers and bird) with the watercolor bunny.
Overall, I wanted to show you how beautiful and fun painting in watercolors is. I don’t specifically tell you the exact colors to use. You can achieve these effects using different colors. I want you to see how watercolor reacts to your paper and how you can control it with a brush.
Enjoy! Please let me know what you think! 🙂